Wednesday, August 24, 2011

9. Food and Energy





One day all the parts of the human body had a discussion about the importance of
each.It was the turn of the "Head" to talk about it'simportance.

Head said.

"I"am the most important of all.I have in me the eyes to see,nose to breathe,
ears to hear and mouth to eat."

Hand said

"I have the ability to move.,without me the head cannot eat anything,
because I carry the food to the mouth."

Leg said

"If it weren't for me you all would be in place.I'm the one who carries you around
places."

They all looked at the stomach and said
"You don't do any work except to take all the food we give you"
Hand said

"Whatever food I carry and give to mouth goes to the stomach."

Leg said

"Very true, I too walk and do a lot of work.I get very tired but I don't
enjoy anything where as stomach takes everything from us and does nothing
back to us."

So the rest of the parts of the body decided not to give stomach any food.

One day passed

Head started aching.Hands started trembling.Legs started dragging.

Second day

Head could not tolerate the pain.Hands and legs could hardly move.

It was time for stomach to speak up.

Stomach asked

"Do you all know why all of you are so tired?"

They said "No"

Stomach said

"All of you had a feeling that I enjoyed whatever food you gave me,
so you stopped giving me any food."
"But the truth is I take the food from you and digest it to give energy
for all of you to function.Whatever you gave me,I return it to you as energy.

The moment you stopped feeding me you lost all the energy,so you could not move,
you started aching."

Hands,legs and head understood that if they took care of the stomach by giving it
proper food,the stomach would give them energy and take care of them.
Every part needed each other to funcion well.

No comments:

Post a Comment